Purpose of Position
To share with other team members in meeting the personal care needs of Service User, in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by Support Workers is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the Service User’s own family, not by a nurse.
- To assist with getting up in the morning, bathing, dressing/undressing, and toileting needs whilst encouraging independence
- To support with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To support to access the community such as appointments, social outings, shopping, etc.
- To make and change bed; tidy rooms; do general housekeeping duties as part of the team.
- To launder and iron clothing.
- To prepare and serve meals; wash up; tidy and clear the dining and kitchen areas.
- To answer, if requested, the door and the telephone and greet visitors.
- To read and write reports and take part in staff and Service Users’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with EVOLVE’s guidelines, policies and procedures at all times.
- To report to the Manager or Care Services Officer any concerns that may arise
- To carry out accurate log in/out using ECM.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment.
Person Specification — Essential Criteria
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of Support Worker:
- Have good culinary skills
- Sensitive to the needs of others
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- A good communicator.
- Hold a full driver's licence
- Must have own transport
All staff get
- A joining bonus when they complete their probationary
- Double Pay on Bank Holidays
- Performance linked increase to pay
- Pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Sick Pay (SSP)
Please call us on 0161 761 0035, or
email us at email@example.com